June 12, 2007

Graham Ford declines offer

Graham Ford has turned down the offer from the Board of Control for Cricket in India to become the new coach of the Indian cricket team. He has chosen to stay on with the English county Kent as its Director of Cricket.
The 46-year-old South African, who was recommended by a seven-member BCCI panel to its working committee here on Saturday for the job of the new Indian coach, said in a statement released by Kent, "I am very grateful to the Club for allowing me to go to India and find out more about the job of coaching the Indian team. I have had the chance to reflect on the offer made by the BCCI and their urgency to fill the vacant position. After careful consideration, I have decided to continue my work with Kent. This has been a really difficult decision. I am honoured that India have shown such interest in my capabilities, but feel that this is the right decision for me and my family."

No comments: